Fira de Santa Llúcia Christmas Market. Barcelona
Avda de la Catedral. 2-23 December.
One more year, around this Christmas days comes the "fira" Santa Llúcia. A Catalan tradition than each year takes place in Barcelona Gotic Area, right on the "la Catedral de Barcelona Aveneu!. A perfect scerary, full of light, colors and decorative ornaments that give a warm and Christmas admosphere. It is the older "fira" than the world revolves around the crib and Christmas traditions.
There are more than 270 stands, than let you to visit and enjoy all the new ideas and surprises prepared for you all year. They want to offer you a place where you can forget your worries, even if just for a while, and enjoy the atmosphere and magic of Christmas.
The Fira's stands are grouped in four sectors by craft:
* Nativity Scenes and Figures, mainly offering accessories for Nativity scenes, caves, figures, Christmas lights, baubles, candles and Christmas decorations for the home, crib scenes and trees.
* Greenery and Plants, where you can find natural or artificial trees, moss, tiós figures of various sizes, natural cork, lucky branches, branches of eucalyptus and so on.
* Crafts, where you will find all types of hand-made products and accessories, clothes, jewellery, decorative objects, gifts and much more..
* Simbombes, offering you, as well as this traditional instrument, tambourines and many other instruments to give a musical touch to your Christmas.
Activities organised by "Taller de Cultura" and "Associació Fira de Santa Llúcia"
GIANT Tió figure for the Fira de Santa Llúcia
]Caga Tió. Children activity. Making a GIANT Tió figure on Plaça Nova on the stated days:
Fira de Santa Llúcia – Plaça Nova (Avinguda de la Catedral)
From 4 to 12 December from 10:30 am to 1:30 pm and also afternoons on public holidays, from 4:30 pm to 7:30 pm.
-Nativity scene course – 15, ,17, 19, 22, 24 and 26 November
The APB, or Association of Nativity Scene makers of Barcelona, closely connected to the Fira and to all of us who enjoy Christmas and the world of crib scenes, will begin a crib creation course in November called "Un pessebre entre llibres", given by Josep Petit and open to all, on 15,17,19,22,24 and 26 November from 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm at the association premises.
– 17a Day of celebration of Christmas Traditions and Customs in Catalonia
Fira de Santa Llúcia – Plaça Nova (Avinguda de la Catedral) 10 December
The 17th Day of Celebration of Christmas Traditions and Customs, with the programme given below:
From 10:30 am to 1:30 pm: Traditional Tió figure
At 12 h: Parade of the traditional Carassa de Nadal de Barcelona accompanied by the "Grallers La Pessigolla" from Plaça Nova, throwing sweets, throughout the Fira site.
At 18 h: Christmas Stories, by the company Titelles Sebastià Vergés.
At 18 h: Presentation of the award of Firaire d'honor that this year goes to Oscar Nebreda.
At 19.15 h: Performance by the Cor Escandinau: Tradition of Saint Lucy.
At 19.45 h: Performance by theEsbart Catalá de Dansaires dancers (youth section) with Dances for winter and the Christmas season.
Are you during Christmas Holidays in Barcelona? Then, don't loose the opportunity to visit the "Fira de Santa Llucia Chrtistmas market". We recommend our apartments for this even. Any of them are located close to this place. Ask us for "Flora apartment", " Plaza el Pi apartment" and "Porta de Angel Apartment". These 3 and anothers are located a few minuted from the Catedral in Gotic Area.