GSMA is an asssociation, which unites over 800 industry operators in different sectors, representing the interest of mobile users worldwide. GSMA is also the host of industry-leading events, such as Mobile World Congress, Mobile World Congress Shanghai, Mobile World Congress America, and Mobile 360 Series.
This year's Mobile World Congress event takes place between 26th of February until the 1st of March 2018, at La Fira in Barcelona.
This event features many different conferences, exhibitions, networking areas/events, events specializing on specific topics, and the Global Mobile Awards.
Over 2.300 exhibitors will be attending this event, and showcasing the newest technologies and most innovative products currently available. The event is divided in different pavilions and zones, in which each have a different specialisation.
These are the following sections:
- App Planet Exhibition: More than 200 app-specific exhibitors
- Country Pavilions: Services and solutions from more than 30 countries around the world
- Graphene Pavilion: Demonstrating how this transformative material impacts the mobile industry
- GSMA Innovation City: See how mobile-connected products will enrich our living and working environment in cities across the world
- GSMA Pavilion: Hosting GSMA's many programmes and intiatives, including Mobile Commerce, Connected Living, Mobile for Development, and more
- Internet of Things Zone: Featured in the NEXTech Hall 8.0, witness how future technology will communicated with each other
- NEXTech Hall 8.0: VR/AR, robotics, drones, and artificial intelligence will all feature in the NEXTech Hall 8.0 – See the latest cutting-edge technology of the furture
- Wearables Pavilion: See the latest and greatest fun – sometimes life-saving – wearable devices in the market
Illustration 1 Mobile World Congress by MarcCEcases | flickr
Next to the exhibition sections, one can follow events, such as 4YFN, Women4Tech, NextTech, and YoMo.
4YFN (4 Years From Now) is the startup platform, which introduces and connects startups with investors, corporations, and public institutions. During this event people can connect, create, and launch new ventures together.
Women4Tech deals with equality and diversity in the industry. Attendees can follow strategic sessions on how to transform your business, empower and support women in the mobile and tech industry.
NextTech is all about the newest innovations, forward-thinking companies, and the next generation of technology. One can find exhibitions about drones, virtual reality/augmented reality, robotics, cognitive computing, artificial intelligence and more.
YoMo is the Youth Mobile Festival, which focuses on young students interested in the mobile and technology industry. The event is completely free for students. Last year, over 11.000 students and 3.000 education professionals attended YoMo. Discover over 100 workshops, presentations, and interactive activities.
At the end of the Global Mobile Congress, 38 awards will be given out. These are the following categories: Mobile Tech, Consumer, Fourth Industrial Revolution, Device, Content & Media, Social Good, Government Excellence Awards, and Outstanding Achievement.
If you are interested in attend the Mobile World Congress, save yourself a ticket!
For more information, please click here.
Plaza España 1 is located in Sants district, near Plaça España and Montjuic. The apartment fits up to 4 people, and is therefore ideal for families or group of friends, who are looking for a typical Catalan residential area.