Sep 23 2014
Benvenuto in Florence! In this city is a lot going on in October: antiques, cultural events, classic music, and last but not least wine – a lot of wine.
Have a look at all these wonderful events coming to Florence soon.
Mostra Mercato Internazionale dell’Antiquariato (30th Sep. to 9th Oct.): Every year in late September or early October, this great antiques fair takes place at Palazzo Corsini. There are collectors from several countries – United States, France, Spain, England, and Sweden – who present their collections.
Festa di Santa reparata (8th Oct.): The ancient cathedral Santa Reparata was built at the same place where Santa Maria del Fiore is located today. Cause to archaelogical research, experts have been able to rebuild the floor plan. The celebrations on 8th October include guided visits, conferences on Roman Florence, a historical parade honoring the Florentine Republic, and a ceremony in Santa Reparata's crypt.
Amici della Musica (from 11th Oct.): The classical music concert season in Florence starts on 11th Otober with a concert of Alexander Lonquich.
It's fall, and so the winery season starts. There are a lot of guided Winery Tours, all starting from Florence. So you can enjoy both Florence wonderful atmosphere as well as the tasty wine from the Tuskany.
In the following, we present you some of the greatest Winery Tours to the Tuskany. Here you will find more winery tours.
The two following tours lead you in the undulating hills of the Tuscan countryside between Florence and Siena, where the famous Chianti Classico wine is produced. Surrounded by tidy rows of vineyards, historical villages and silvery-green olive trees, you experience the Tuscan wine and food.
- town of Greve in Chianti
- the Casaloste Vineyards (visiting the cellars and a guided wine tasting are included)
- Osteria La Scuderia (lunch time – typical Tuscan cuisine)
- the Antinori vineyards at Badia di Passignano or the small castle of Montefioralle (it dedpends on availability)
- the cellars of the Setriolo in Castellina in Chianti (presentation of the wine productin, followed by a guided wine tasting)
- town of Radda in Chianti (Piazza Ferrucci)
- the Buondonno Vineyards (visit to the cellars and a guided wine tasting are included)
- Osteria Le Panzanelle (lunch time – typical Tuscan cuisine)
- the village of Vaglagli or the Castelnuovo Berardenga
- Monteraponi (visit of the cellars, followed by a guided tasting)
The following tour leads you to the area where the Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, one of Italy's greatest red wines made from Prugnolo Gentile, Canaiolo Nero and Mammolo grapes, is produced.
- the Boscarelli Vineyards (visit to the cellars and a wine tasting is included)
- Montepulciano (short walking tour)
- the historic cellars of Contucci
- Diva e Maceo (lunchtime – local Tusan specialties)
- Poliziano estate (guided wine tasting)
- Pienza (the town's main piazza)
Cultural events and a lot of wine are looking forward to see you next month in Florence! You are convinced, and you want to go to Florence, we offer you some beautiful Habitat Apartments.
There is for example this fantastic Speziali Exclusive apartment for two person with an amazing view on the dome of the cathedral.
© image Castelnuovo Berardenga: Anna & Michal (flickr)
© image Montepulciano: Pug Girl (flickr)